Monday, February 14, 2011

X10 Order has Arrived – Part 1

This is part 1 of my X10 blog series.

My X10 order arrived without issue. I hated their website, and had trouble weeding through the garbage to compare the different kits they had available. It looks like they just did a full redesign of their site, so perhaps future visits won’t be as painful.

X10 Kit with CM15a, AM466, KR19a, LM15A, LM465, SS13A

I finally decided on the following package for $99:

Part Description Qty
AM466

3-pin Appliance Module

2
CM15a ActiveHome Pro Computer Interface and USB cable 1
KR19a SlimFire Pocket Remote 1
LM15A Screw-in Lamp Module 2
LM465 Lamp Module 2
SS13A Slimline Switch Decorator White 2

 

The key piece is the CM15a. It is the brains behind the system. The rest just seemed like bare minimum for useful pieces to have in the kit. You can go with less.

The order arrived swiftly and had the right stuff. My only complaint about the order process is that it opens your email account to a barrage of marketing emails. The count is 14 emails in less than a month. I just opted out, so I expect that solves it. Who would want that crap?

No comments:

Post a Comment